DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED (See below): harmonized list of supporting documents to be provided by visa applicants
VISA APPLICATION OF SHORT STAY FOR A SPORTSMAN
- Missing documents or photocopies = incomplete file = high risk of refusal of visa
- All documents must be submitted in original, accompanied by a complete set of photocopies
- All documents must be in French or accompanied with an official French translation version
1) Professional athletes (employees):
For salaried athletes in France, contact the consular section to find out the justifications to present.
2) Amateur athletes (unpaid but enjoying benefits in kind):
In the case of unpaid services, athletes must present a letter from the club or the event organizer declaring that the athlete will not be engaged in any paid activity and detailing the conditions of take-over (travel, insurance, accommodation, rewards ...). No CERFA Provisional Authorization Work to be submitted in this case.
For cases 1 and 2 :
A short-stay visa application form duly filled out on both sides, dated and signed
Passport (valid at least 3 months after the expiry date of the visa requested) must include 2 blank pages of any stamp accompanied by a photocopy of the identity page and the previous Schengen visas
Documents concerning the personal situation:
- For married persons: original marriage certificate and its translation
- For minors / students: copy of the birth certificate or the family passport proving the filiation + authorization to leave the territory for minors signed by the parents + certificate of schooling or university registration in progress or re-registration for the next school year school
International medical care / repatriation insurance covering any emergency medical care and / or emergency hospitalization with a minimum guaranty amount of € 30,000, as well as the cost of repatriation for the duration of the stay in the entire Schengen Area
Justification of the socio-professional situation:
- Work certificate with monthly salary
- Last 3 bank statements
Support for sporting events:
- Sport’s club license in Ethiopia
- Invitation of the club in France (dates and places of the meetings to be specified)
- Conditions of accommodation in France
- If necessary, presentation of the management of the club (transportation, accommodation, catering ...).
This list is not exhaustive: other justifications may be requested if necessary. You may also submit any material that may assist in the processing of your case.